We all know the maxi dress is certainly not a new trend. This is a style that we’re happy to say continues to show up on fashionistas and celebrity trendsetters as the go-to choie for cool, creative and comfort in the warmer spring and hot summer days. This year just about every shop you’ll be visiting will be selling the floor-sweeping dresses to meet the demand for hip and feminine options. Queen Grace has answered the call for the maxi with this season’s “April” dress in rich cobalt blue or the modern pattern of the Purple Rain style – So we started to wonder, how can you make the most of this uber-comfortable trend without looking like you put on a jumbo garbage bag before running out the door?
Here’s a quick how-to on wearing the QG “April” maxi dress:
- Create a curvy shape by adding a fitted sweater, jacket or sash. There are ways to create the illusion, without the fabric actually holding the shape. With the “April” dress, QG has added sweeping draping at the mid-section and a wrap already for you!
- The hemline should nearly touch the ground or at least make it to you ankles. Any shorter and it looks like you purchased the wrong size; the Queen Grace “April” hemline is perfect for swishing in flats or a regal look in heel.
- If you happen to be alittle bit short – wear your heels with the dress to give you a little extra length. Reveling in your curvy silhouette can be a good thing, your nature shape will cut-down on the drowning in fabric look and feel.
- Accessorize! QG WD says this with everything, but really the right additions takes an already amazing maxi dress and really makes it pop! Think bold bangles, a colorful light-weigh scarf, cool bag, a statement necklace, etc… our new QG accessories from Adia Kibur and Vieta Bags will be on the QG site in just a few week.
- A cami can help bring a plunging neckline up to a comfortable bust height so that you feel confident without worrying about a wardrobe malfunction.
- Remember that a cute shoe can be your best accessory too for the maxi dress look; a Grecian sandal or a fashion forward wedge is a perfect pair to the QG “April” maxi.
Can you think of anything we’re missing? How do you love to wear your Maxi? For the style choices and a quick peek on the QG site for the popular “April” dress, check it out here; http://www.queengrace.com. For a recent and rather fabulous review by The Curvy Fashionista, Marie Denee, pop on over to her clever blog and read all about how much she loves our maxi girl “April!”